Pages

26 January 2008

bread





For those of you that know me well, you know very well that I LOVE bread (sometimes too much I think!). I always seem to be in search of an artisan quality bread that I can replicate here at home. This search has included recipes that are very time consuming... but now, that search is over. My Mom came across a book that has changed everything (thanks Mom!).
"Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" (by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois) is all it claims to be.
It is amazing that so little time spent on bread can turn out such an amazing loaf!
Check out their website:
http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com

I have only scratched the surface of this book, but am already making amazing bread, that is even more amazingly simple!
My Mom has been trying more than the master recipe (I have been so satisfied with the bread from that... it has been hared to move on) and I will start this week.
Save your money from the bakery. Even my brother (who is a chef in California) has been making foccacia and bagels using these recipes in his kitchen.
Let me know what you think. Maybe I'll make a loaf just for you :).

3 comments:

Ashlee Raubach said...

Oh my goodness! You are so amazing! That can't be easy, it looks so fancy and beautiful! We need to get Fred and Brenda into blogging!!!

Rob said...

Hello all, it is easy to do, I do it at work everyday, from pizza, bagels, stuffed sandwiches, stuffed cheese dinner rolls for the soup, I make. It requires very little effort, it just seems that way

Halland House Gifts said...

I too love the art of bread baking. Looking forward to checking this book out. In my local library I found an Avner Laskin book called The Easy Way to Artisan Breads and Pastries. It has some of the most wonderful recipes that use both fresh and jarred yeast. I am in love and will eventually purchase it. Right now I am making the recipes from the selected photocopies I made. He has a bunch of other good books, but I think I will leave them in the library to protect my waistline. :-)