Pages

03 July 2008

Up on the rooftop...

Jason came in from walking the dog not too long ago and started telling me about the amazing way light was hitting the clouds outside. He went out to snap some shots and realized all the trees were blocking his view, so he headed up to the roof.
The kids and I joined him (well, the kids went first, then me) and it really was an amazing sight.



Nature to me is so incredible. I could work my whole life to create a beautiful scene and it would not compare to this seemingly effortless display. I know our camera did not capture the vibrancy of the colors, but it at least can give you some idea of the treat we witnessed.



Rain started forming in the distance... so cool how it looks pinky orange from our vantage point.







This looked just like cotton candy to me...

Even the contrails were colored...


Lightning started over to our left and the show started to turn darker. Jacob told all of us it was time to get off the roof. I reluctantly did (lightning is fun to watch, but I'm sure a roof is not the best place to watch it).
Thanks for the show :)

2 comments:

Sant Family said...

Those are really cool pictures! I am really impressed. Yeah, lightening shows are probably not best watched on the roof. One time I was watching one in front of a window, listening to the news and the news guy even said to stay away from windows. I didn't know. In Santaquin we had a full front porch and we used to watch lightening storms from there.

Niki said...

That is so beautiful!! I love looking at the clouds and especially stuff like this. It rains here a lot, but only in the thunderstorm style, so there is lightning and I love it. I run outside and see if I can make it through the rain drops. :)