Pages

16 July 2009

Easy Peasy Pasta Salad

My friend Laura shared this incredibly yummy recipe.
SO easy... and SO good!
It takes a box of bowtie pasta, Girard's Romano Cheese Dressing, tomatoes,
spinach and an avocado. Optional is a favorite cheese.
So...
this first part is best done the night before)
cook the bowtie (aka farfalle) pasta (a 16 oz. box) according to directions on box.
Drain when done.
Pour pasta into the bowl you want to serve your pasta salad from
(I love when you only use one bowl... I don't like to wash dishes :)
Dump the entire bottle of the dressing on top of your pasta and stir.



Cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge overnight. (I have done this all in the same day and it was good, but it really is better if it can sit overnight).

Right before you want to eat this salad, add:
leaf spinach (I buy a 9 oz bag and add about 2/3... but do according to your taste)
diced tomatoes (I like seeded Romas - I use about 4 to 6 of them)
a diced avocado
totally optional is the cheese - I personally have never done this, but you could add feta, Parmesan, etc.


This last time I did add set some grilled chicken out to the side for those who wanted to add it.


If you try it, let me know what you think.
This is one that is great as a leftover too.
Happy eating :)

Click here for a printable version

1 comment:

Sant Family said...

I made it tonight for a bbq with friends and it was FABULOUS!!! The big bowl GONE in less than 10 minutes. I didn't serve it with chicken, but next time I totally am! Thanks for the recipe!

You are amazing!

Love, Tif