Pages

12 November 2012

Here's looking at you...

I have put off having family photos taken for waaayyyyy tooooo longgggg!!!

So, when I saw an awesome deal for an hour long session photo shoot offered on Living Social I signed up right away.

Courtney Smith took our photos last month and I had some of them blown up at Costco. 
 I love ordering photos there.  The prices are great (I had five 16 x 20's printed for just under $30!!) and they are usually ready the next day.

So, this is what I did... inspired by some pins I saw on Pinterest.

 I found this 5 pack of 16 x 20 canvases at Michaels.  They were $19.99 and I used the 40% coupon (LOVE that coupon!) and used Mod Podge...

     


slathered it on the canvas with a foam brush and then put the photo over top of the Modge Podge.     To make sure I got all of the air bubbles out, I turned the canvas with the photo on it over and ran my hand over the back of the canvas.

  
Next I flipped over the canvas, photo side up and slathered more Mod Podge all over the photo.  I let the first coat dry and ten added a second.  I used the matte kind of Mod Podge, but you could use whatever finish you like :)

So here are the final results...








I hung the photos with simple 3M Command poster strips (2 per photo) and hung them going up our stairs.  
I love seeing my children smiling every morning at me :)  at least in picture form ;)

You can find the darling printable about home here at eighteen25's blog (I found this out from my wonderful friend Tifani :).  They have different color options you can choose from and some more really cute things you can download.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day!


No comments: